Happy LEGO® Day, a day which marks the moment the LEGO brick was ‘born’. As the clock struck 13:58 (Danish time) on January 28th 1958, the iconic design of the LEGO brick was patented in Denmark. Those very first bricks are still compatible with those you can buy today, not many other toys can boast of that sort of achievement. There have been some ups and downs over the long history of the LEGO Group but the love of the brick remains as strong as ever. This year also marks the 10th Anniversary of LEGO Friends, LEGO Marvel and DC Superheroes as well as the LEGO Group celebrating its 90th Anniversary. Happy Birthday to the LEGO brick, grab some cake, some LEGO bricks and get celebrating.
Author: Adam White
Howdy I'm Adam, The editor of BricksFanz.com - your go to source for the latest LEGO news, reviews and much, much more. Some of you may know me from other LEGO sites so you'll know I have a good experience of the LEGO community and a deep, passionate commitment to all things LEGO. I specialize in seeking out the latest LEGO news and products, as well as being an expert on all thing LEGO gaming based. So welcome to BricksFanz - Fuelling Your LEGO Lifestyle.
By clicking on affiliate links across this website, BricksFanz.com may earn a small commission. This in no way influences our opinions or shape the content we cover.
BricksFanz on Twitter
- Some nice retro elements in my childhood box of bricks #LEGO90Years
about 16 hours ago
- Flash Discount On LEGO Technic McLaren F1 Car https://t.co/4wx8lg8N9T
about 16 hours ago
- LEGO Pop-up Coming To Natural History Museum https://t.co/knEDE84zfy
about 21 hours ago
- 76911: 007 Aston Martin Speed Champions Set Review https://t.co/yYglpP4U1T
about 22 hours ago
- If you missed it during LEGO CON - use code 'CAKE' on the LEGO VIP Reward Centre to unlock loads of free goodies
about 23 hours ago