Today marks the day LEGO® sprang to life as a small family run carpentry workshop in the small Danish town of Billund. Long before the little plastic brick we all know and love came into existence, LEGO still inspired play with a number of wooden toys, such has the famous LEGO wooden duck. Despite a number of setbacks which included the LEGO workshop burning down, from those humble beginnings LEGO has gone on to become the world’s number one toymaker and the most powerful brand in the world. You’ll be able to learn more about the history of LEGO at The LEGO House once it opens next month in the centre of Billund. So happy birthday LEGO – det bedste er ikke for godt.
Author: Adam White
Howdy I'm Adam, The editor of BricksFanz.com - your go to source for the latest LEGO news, reviews and much, much more. Some of you may know me from other LEGO sites so you'll know I have a good experience of the LEGO community and a deep, passionate commitment to all things LEGO. I specialize in seeking out the latest LEGO news and products, as well as being an expert on all thing LEGO gaming based. So welcome to BricksFanz - Fuelling Your LEGO Lifestyle.
BricksFanz on Twitter
- LEGO NINJAGO Season 10 March Of The Oni https://t.co/dShGew9Hpu
about 5 hours ago
- Christmas Gift Guide: Great Reads https://t.co/8FYmJLaVmj
about 7 hours ago
- Click & Snap: Snowflake Village 2018 https://t.co/3ghUoSrOXs
about 23 hours ago
- LEGO Micro Cities by @NoStarch Book Review https://t.co/MP0LhipAWh
about 1 day ago
- Guess who's back! We'll be kicking off our reviews of The LEGO Movie 2 sets very soon!
about 2 days ago