The LEGO® Group has announced official details of their upcoming new range of LEGO playsets based on The LEGO NINJAGO Movie. There will be 15 sets released across various retail channels starting from September 1st. Along with a special edition series of the popular LEGO Minifigures range. This will include 20 new characters to collect. Please note this press release is focused towards to the US market so retailer exclusive sets may vary here in the UK and we’ve been asked by the UK press team not to share images of the other sets, hence the lack of images here.
The LEGO Group Announces Building Sets Based On The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie
– Epic movie setting, story and cast inspire a world of building opportunity –
BILLUND, Denmark, June 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — The LEGO Group today announced that The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie will spin its way off the big screen and into playrooms around the world beginning August 2017 through a collection of 15 building sets and a new series of collectible LEGO Minifigures based on the film’s characters. Builders of all ages will have an opportunity to recreate scenes and adventures from the highly anticipated animated feature film from Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Animation Group and LEGO Systems A/S. The film opens in cinemas worldwide beginning September 22 in 2D and 3D.
“NINJAGO has captured the imaginations of kids around the world for years through building sets, a hit animated television series, and a roster of lifestyle merchandise, so we’re thrilled to introduce an amazing collection of building sets based on the highly anticipated film, The LEGO NINJAGO Movie,” said Jill Wilfert, Vice President, Licensing and Entertainment, at LEGO Group. “The breadth and variety of these toys, from dojos to mechs to subs – guarantees that NINJAGO builders will enjoy hours of action-packed building and play recreating – and hopefully expanding upon – the film’s story.”
Inspired by key moments, mechs and characters from the film, 15 building sets, ranging in price from $9.99 to $299.99, will be released in both in advance of, and following the film’s debut. Additionally, the company’s highly popular LEGO Minifigures series of blind bag packed collectible figures will introduce a Hollywood-inspired collection of 20 characters, featuring exclusive minifigure versions of characters from the film not found in any other LEGO sets, available for $3.99 each.
Beginning August 1, the following will be available at your favorite place to shop for LEGO toys:
- Spinjitzu Training Dojo – join ninja heroes at the dojo with this action-packed Spinjitzu training set, complete with Garmadon combat dummy. ($9.99)
- NINJAGO City Chase – help Lloyd, Nya and Officer Toque build and race a police tuc-tuc vehicle past a street food stall and through lantern-draped lampposts to prevent a robbery. ($19.99)
- Master Falls – team up with Master Wu and Kai to build and cross the jungle bridge with opening cage and explore a hidden cave in search of a secret map. ($29.99)
- Manta Ray Bomber – help Cole save Shen-Li using the Manta Ray Bomber, complete with two spring-loaded shooters and a detachable boat. ($29.99)
- Water Strider – battle the shark army and pretend to walk on water and climb walls with this poseable mech using the 360-degree rotating cockpit and rapid shooter. ($29.99)
- Green Ninja Mech Dragon – outwit the Green Ninja’s evil father Garmadon with this mighty mech featuring articulated snapping jaws, poseable body, swooshing tail, leg-mounted stud shooters and hidden pop-out thrusters. ($49.99)
- Lightning Jet – grab the handle of Jay’s jet to swoop down and unleash the spring-loaded shooter and trigger-activated rotating electro-disc to save Ed and Edna from the shark army’s crab, but beware of the crab’s snapping pincer and stud shooter! ($59.99)
- Fire Mech – get set for a sizzling battle with this huge mech with shoulder disc shooters and non-shooting fire blasters. ($69.99)
- Temple of Ultimate Trials – join a ninja mission to infiltrate the Temple of the Ultimate Weapon, but beware of all that stands between the ninja and the treasure chest, including a secret entrance, a trapdoor function, rock-dropping and dynamite-dropping functions, blade-shooting and chopping-sword traps, a dungeon, and a hanging cage. ($99.99)
- Destiny’s Bounty – construct Master Wu’s huge training base in this highly detailed set featuring three modular levels and a double-headed dragon, wind-up-and-release anchors, training dojo, bathroom and Wu’s bedroom in the hull – not to mention many hidden secrets. ($159.99)
- Jelly Sub – join Jay in battle against the shark army and protect Takuma’s boat from flying Jelly Sub attacks. Sub features minifigure cockpit, rotating legs, flick-fire missiles and swinging tentacles. Available at Walmart stores nationwide. ($29.99)
- Garma Mecha Man – help Lloyd protect civilian Pat from attack by Garma Mecha Man, featuring spring-loaded shark blaster, ammo belt and fish tank. Available at Target stores nationwide. ($59.99)
- Ice Tank – help Zane save Patty Keys and Torben from the shark soldiers using this cool vehicle featuring big tracks, ice cannon with rapid shooter, and a rotating ice container. Available at Toys”R”Us stores nationwide. ($79.99)
- NINJAGO City – build the ultimate NINJAGO City with this impressively detailed three-level model featuring a traditional fish market, sewer outlet, house with dining room and bedroom, robot service station, taxi stand, sliding elevator, modern fashion store, construction site with bonsai tree, comic book stand, crab restaurant, ATM, radio tower, modern rooftop sushi bar with conveyor belt and Lloyd Garmadon and Koko’s apartment, plus 16 minifigures. ($299.99)
- garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! – fans help Lloyd save hotdog guy and braces girl from the Garmadon Shark Mech, which features two opening cockpits, snapping jaws, posable legs and feet and two spring-loaded shooters. Available exclusively at Toys”R”Us stores nationwide. ($79.99)