Normally this time of the year is filled with LEGO® news flowing from the walls of the various Toy Fairs. The London Toy Fair passed with nothing more than a whimper, thanks to LEGO not attending the show and now is the turn for the German Toy Fair. However strict new rules means there will be limited news coming from Nuremberg. That doesn’t mean there is no new news with both Zusammengebaut and Promo Bricks at the event, there are a few snippets of information to be gleamed from the showfloor, press conference and press releases. Learn more via both of the sites mentioned above.
- Jurassic World 2 Fallen Kingdom Set Images – see more here
- LEGO Technic Bugatti Set Coming August – see more here
- LEGO Movie Sequel due in early 2019
- New NFC-style control system called Create & Connect to be introduced in Duplo Cargo Train set. The system includes a push to start motor and something called Action Bricks. These can be laid in the tracks and activate certain actions has the train passes over them. Push & Go system can also be controlled by a special app.
- Two new LEGO Architecture Sets teased – 21041: Great Wall of China & 21042: Statue of Liberty
- The LEGO NINJAGO Movie D2C set – NINJAGO City Docks confirmed for later this year, will connect to NINJAGO City set from last year.
- Build Your Own BrickHeadz set, Go Brick Me coming later this year. Lets you build yourself in LEGO.
- Power Functions will be upgraded, with Power Functions 2.0 being introduced in two new LEGO City Trains. Rumoured to included app connectivity.