This time last year Merlin Entertainment had their plans for major improvements to LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort approved. These included several additions to the park planned over the next few years. Those plans for a £95 million investment in the park, were initially approved by the local council and have now been reapproved following further consultation. These planned additions to the park includes the recently opened Haunted House ride. Now final approvement has been given further additions and improvement can begin, which includes:
- New Entrance – The Beginning area of the park will get a new bigger entrance portal. Along with new ticketing and toilet buildings.
- Bigger Shop – The Big Shop located in The Beginning will be expanded to offer a better retail experience.
- New Accomodation – An all-new holiday village will be built on lands next to current carpark. This will include a number of different areas to stay including barrels and lodges. The area will also include on-site restaurant, reception and LEGO® Club House.
- New Rides – Joining the Haunted House ride, will be three attraction-zones. These will include new indoor rides including a rollercoaster and ‘fairground’ rides. These zones will be themed around various LEGO IPs, with The LEGO Movie rumoured to be one of them.
- Car Parks – Improvements will be made to the parks car parks including proving connected access from the new holiday village to the main park, this will tie into the improvements to The Beginning.
LEGOLAND Windsor Resort has been one of Merlin’s most popular UK theme park. Over the past few years several attempts to improve the park have been waylaid by planning objections. This in turn has left some areas of the park looking a little tired and outdated.