After news broke yesterday of Ireland getting its first-ever LEGO® store, today a few more details have been revealed. The store is set to open this summer and will include a Pick-A-Brick wall, Build-A-Minifigure station and a Minifigure Factory, which allows you to create and print unique designs on Minifigures. The store will also feature large-scale builds relevant to the local area and culture. Learn more below.
READY, STEADY, BUILD: IRELAND’S FIRST EVER LEGO® STORE IS COMING TO DUBLIN THIS SUMMER
The LEGO® Store Dublin will be the first ever LEGO store in Ireland
The store will debut the new ‘Retailtainment’ concept that blends physical and digital immersive play experiences in-store
LEGO® brick fans in Ireland are in for a treat this year as the LEGO Group is opening its first ever store in Grafton Street, Dublin this Summer. Located in the heart of the city, the LEGO store will delight fans, both young and old, with an exciting collection of sets and experiences.
Visitors to the new store will be treated to the new, ‘Retailtainment’ concept which blends physical and digital experiences that allow shoppers to immerse themselves in the famous LEGO brick, as well as create personalised products. These include:
- Minifigure Factory: The LEGO Minifigure Factory allows visitors to design and create a unique LEGO Minifigure – the perfect souvenir from your visit or gift for someone else.
- LEGO Expression, where visitors can have fun with LEGO Minifigures, who mimic their facial expressions.
- LEGO Pick a Brick Wall: The Pick a Brick Wall is a great way for fans to select the exact elements that they require for their builds.
- Store Associates: Whether visitors are picking out a gift, looking for the latest set or bringing your LEGO fan in for a special treat, Brick Specialists can help find a set that’s the perfect fit.
- Hands-on Play opportunities, including free build challenges and events each month.
- Build a Minifigure Tower mix and match from a wide selection of bottoms, tops, heads, hair pieces and accessories to customize minifigures.
- Exclusive LEGO models: Look out for eye-catching 3D LEGO models throughout the store inspired by the city of Dublin and Irish culture
Simone Sweeney, Vice President of Global LEGO Retail Development, said, “We have been looking for the perfect site in Dublin, so we were very excited when the opportunity came about to open on the vibrant Grafton Street. The new LEGO Store will be amongst some of the biggest and best brands in Dublin, in a shopping district loved by many local families and visitors alike. The city has been part of LEGO Retail’s expansion strategy for many years given the existing huge number of LEGO Fans in Ireland and the international customers typically found in the city. The new LEGO Store in Dublin will allow builders of all ages to be inspired by endless play possibilities and for new builders to welcome them into a new exciting journey of discovery into the LEGO universe. We are also excited to be revealing the new LEGO retail platform in this market with innovative retail-first experiences and a destination for product launches, events and a hub for our Irish LEGO fan community.”
The brand-new LEGO store in Dublin will offer the full range of exciting new products only available direct from LEGO stores and shop.lego.com including the likes of LEGO Boutique Hotel and LEGO Ideas Earth Globe.
And if that was not enough, the new store will also offer plenty of benefits for LEGO VIP members including exclusive VIP gifts with purchase, double points events and much more.