The huge new LEGO® Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator is now available. This impressive looking new set, uses the Control+ powered system to bring the set to life, along with new 7 powered motors and smart hubs. At over 4000 pieces the set offers a challenging build and the new powered elements will offer a new level of control. It’s been developed in partnership with engineers at Liebherr. It costs £399.99 in the UK, 449.99€ in Europe (may vary) AUS$749.99 in Australia, $449.99 in the US and $549.99 in Canada.
Get ready for a colossal LEGO® build and play experience with the 4,108-piece LEGO Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator. Developed in partnership with Liebherr, this replica model is operated via the intuitive LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app and powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs with 7 motors. The sophisticated app technology enables super-precise movement and amazing functionality, while delivering endless authentic digital play combinations via 4 different control screens with cool graphics. The Multi-function control screen enables users to drive the machine in all directions, rotate the superstructure, extend and raise the boom, open and tilt the bucket, play realistic sound effects and get real-time feedback, such as boom position, power usage and drive distance. With the One-touch screen, users can use drag patterns to control the boom, arm and bucket, while the Custom-built movements screen enables them to choose pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements. And, with the Challenges & achievements screen, users can complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- This excavator model features the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app for a more immersive and realistic play experience and hours of fun.
- The app-controlled LEGO® Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator is operated via a smart device with 4 alternative control screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible smart devices.
- Multi-function control: Drive forward, reverse, steer, rotate the superstructure, extend, raise and lower the boom, open and tilt the bucket and get model feedback, such as boom and superstructure position, power usage and drive distance.
- One-touch control: Select an on-screen drag pattern and see the excavator respond to your command.
- Custom-built movements: Use pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements.
- Challenges & achievements: Complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- Replica of the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator with an array of true-to-life features and functions, finished with an authentic color scheme and cool sticker detailing.
- Includes 3 XL Motors, 4 L Motors and 2 Bluetooth-controlled Smart Hubs.
- Smart Hubs feature Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, activation button, 6 axis sensor (3 gyro and 3 accelerometer sensors) and 4 connectivity ports.
- The app allows users to connect to multiple hubs, ensuring precise and true-to-life movements.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- This excavator toy requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- This LEGO® Technic™ construction toy introduces LEGO builders to advanced elements of engineering.
- Not compatible with the Power Functions systems.
- Liebherr R 9800 Excavator measures over 15” (39cm) high, 25” (65cm) long and 10” (27cm) wide.