With the latest update to Apple’s iOS system, Augmented Reality became have big feature of the new operating system for iPhones and iPads. LEGO have always shown great interest in these emerging technologies, with past endeavours such as Life of George, LEGO Fusion and more recently BrickHeadz VR all taking advantage of the latest leaps in mobile tech. With lead us to the latest LEGO app to head Apple devices, LEGO AR Studio, an all-new augmented reality experience which blends to real world with digital recreations of a handful of LEGO sets. Point your device at a clear area, such as a floor, then you have a fully immersive play area to place digital sets such as The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Destiny’s Bounty, LEGO City Police Station and LEGO NINJAGO NRG Green Dragon. You can then move around the sets in real time, some of which have play features, like the ability to pilot the Destiny’s Bounty or build a train track with the LEGO City Cargo train. You can also combine the digital set with your own physical builds to take fun pictures or even record mini movies. The app is still in the early stages so sets are limited but it has amazing potential and is quite fun to boot. Search LEGO AR Studio in the App Store or follow this link to download LEGO AR Studio now.
Introducing LEGO® AR Studio – a new augmented reality experience from LEGO® – where you can play with digital versions of selected LEGO® sets in your real-world scenes!
Mix digital versions of selected LEGO® sets with your physical LEGO® scenes. Record the action and save movie clips directly to your device.
Create and compose your own LEGO® AR scenes!
- Select and place a collection of LEGO® AR sets on any real-world surface.
- You decide how to place, move and position everything – just as you want it
- Imagine, create and play with scenes that mix your own physical LEGO creations with LEGO AR sets.
Explore and investigate LEGO® AR sets
- Check out all the fun animations and details of your LEGO® AR sets from new perspectives.
- Search and collect special Golden Bricks hidden around the LEGO® AR Sets and scenes.
Control and direct your LEGO® AR set
- Select and take control of your LEGO® AR vehicles and characters, part of the LEGO® AR sets
- Make your LEGO® AR sets respond and interact with each other in fun ways.
Play out your stories
- Try out movie-making, framing the right shots just as you want.
- Perform and act out stories using your imagination – save the action as movie clips directly to your device.
Experiment, play and let us know what you think about extending your creative play possibilities even further – making your very own scenes and movies with LEGO® AR Studio! LEGO® AR Studio is available on the following iOS 11 devices iPhone SE, iPhone 6s and later, iPad (2017), iPad Pro (1st Generation and later).