BricksFanz doesn’t feature as many MOCs has we should but when we see we like, then we have to share it. Fellow Leicester fan Bricked1980 has created a great little build, based on the early steam engines. The Old Workhorse Traction Engine is a great little MOC, bursting with detail and not only that, the images of the set have been well presented. Along with the main engine section of old fashion vehicle, a wooden trailer has also been included, along two fun minifigures and some scenery. It’s a great little MOC and if you like it as well, then you can also vote for The Old Workhorse – Traction Engine on LEGO Ideas.
A roaring fire and a full head of steam, the old traction engine is ready for work.
Recreate classic scenes from a bygone age with this detailed LEGO model. The farmers are working in the field with their traction engine, affectionately known as “The Old Workhorse.”
The set includes a highly detailed, mini fig scale model of a steam powered traction engine, as well as a wagon, minifigures and several accessories and mini builds that can be carried in the wagon. In total 480 pieces are included.
Key features include…
- Highly detailed and authentic model in classic green and red livery with polished brasswork.
- A system of cogs ensures that the flywheel spins as the traction engine is pushed along.
- Detailed cab interior complete with steering wheel and controls. The firebox door can be opened and closed to reveal the roaring fire inside (see pics).
- The front wheel axle can be turned left and right.
- The wagon can be connected and towed behind the traction engine.
- Plenty of space inside to carry the logs, bushes and rocks.
- The sides of the wagon can be opened up to provide easy access.
- Space at the front to hold tools and mini fig accessories.
- 2 minifigures are included along with a dog and a rat.
- Brick built logs, tree stumps and rocks.
- 3 bushes/shrubs that can be carried inside the wagon.
See even more of Bricked1908’s Traction Engine MOC over on Flickr.